Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Notes from the Land of Make-Believe


I'm a lucky girl. The last two days I got to indulge in one of my favorite pretend careers - bartender. It's one of those things I always think would be really cool, but I've never actually bothered to remember the names of drinks. Which means there are some drinks I think I made up but almost certainly exist elsewhere, with different names. I thought I made up a greyhound with a salted rim but it turns out it's a Salty Dog (hey - I get it!) Anyway, I like mine made with fresh grapefruit juice (we have a tree with really sour white grapefruits) and Grey Goose. Now the grapefruits are nearly gone so it's time to move on. Here are two of my favorites. You can tell me if they already exist, I can take it.

Dirty Betty
(I didn't make this one up, Michael Chu did. I just named it. And drank it.)
2 oz Gin
1 Tbsp Dry Vermouth
spash olive juice
big squirt Sriracha sauce
little squirt ketchup
2 fat olives

Shake until icy. Garnish with olives.

Dreamsicle
1 1/2 oz vanilla-flavored vodka
1/2 oz Grand Marnier
2 oz orange juice

Serve shaken or on the rocks. You can add more orange juice if you like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Armendariz said...

Why on earth have I not enjoyed (ok, gorged, really) on the Dreamsicle cocktail I'll never know. That sounds SOOOOO good.

Too bad I have to wait until the official cocktail hour to try it. Good thing 11am is only 4 hours away.


:)

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home